Many of you will already know, through reading my series of articles on Ogre gods, that the trinity doctrine is a Roman Catholic lie conjured up by a son of the Devil counterfeiter by the name of Tertullian in circa 200 AD. You will also know that I proved by giving sound evidence that 1 John 5:7-8, again, represent another Roman Catholic contamination of the Holy Word of God. So with this in mind let’s now turn to another dodgy verse in the King James Bible – Matthew 28:19 and we all know it don’t we?
Matt 28:19-20 (KJV) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
This passage of Holy Scripture, commonly known as the Great Commission by many in the Cainite-Judeo-Christian Religion, has a large question mark hanging over it. In fact, the question mark is so huge and heavy, I can see this verse disappearing into a quagmire pool of mud where it belongs. Please note that I am not alone in holding this view for, there are more than a few Bible scholars that correctly teach that this verse is yet another Roman Catholic corruption of The Holy Scriptures.
In order to prove that this contamination is a contamination we have to consider something that looks like being an obstacle to this challenge of substantiating The Truth. This is an obstacle we cannot simply ignore, because the Greek manuscripts for Matthew 28:19 ‘exist’ as if to prove this is not a contamination by the men of the Cainite-Judeo-Christian Religion. The Greek manuscripts, on the surface, do support this verse, but does this supposed evidence make it true?
OK so if, in fact, it is in the Greek MSS, how can we still prove this verse is a blasphemous contamination by addition? Easy, by countering it numerous times with other Holy Scriptures that disagree with it and/or directly oppose it and this is very simple. Look, folks, if we have one verse that goes counter to several other verses, and we know that there are no contradictions in the Holy Word of God, then something has to give. Something is wrong and we cannot ignore it, nor can we try to explain it away with intellectual pontificating or with Cainite-Judeo-Christian Religious trinity babblings. Neither can we walk away and say: “Oh never mind there are always going to be anomalies in writings as old as The Holy Bible, so just accept it for what it is and forget it,” but is this attitude acceptable? No way, and, as I said, something is wrong and it behoves us as Spirit filled sons and daughters of God to search for The Truth. Again, as I said, something has to give so and in order for something to give we have to analyse the weakest link first, if only to make life easier for ourselves or to use our common sense.
As already made plain in my Ogre god series of articles, 1 John 5:7-8 is false or, to put it another way, a Roman Catholic addition via Tertullian circa 200 AD who conjured it up and Jerome circa 390 AD who added it to their Latin Vulgate Bible.
1 John 5:7-8: (KJV) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
Now this so called passage of Scripture proves three things: 1) We cannot believe the trinity doctrine as being Biblical and 2) in places, not even the Greek manuscripts can be wholly relied upon as perfect truth and 3) we can easily ascertain that an agenda of men is very much at work here in our English translated Bibles – especially the KJV. If we now look at Matthew 28:19 in this new light then the so called command to Baptise people in the name of the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit has automatically been revealed as a suspect or at least compromised. I won’t use stronger terminology at this stage until I have provided additional evidence, so please stay with it.
Let’s now list the verses of Holy Scripture that oppose and counter Matthew 28:19 in its KJV form and remember that Matthew 28:19 is the only verse in the New Testament that commands Baptism into the trinity:
Acts 2:38 (KJV) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Spirit). (Brackets and emphasis mine)
Acts 8:15-17 (KJV) Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (For as yet [he] it was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. (Square brackets and emphasis mine)
Acts 19:5-6 (KJV) When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. (Emphasis mine)
Romans 6:3 (KJV) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? (Emphasis mine)
Gal 3:27 (KJV) For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. (Emphasis mine)
Here above we can see all the evidence we need to prove that real Baptism has to be in Yashua Messiah’s (the Lord Jesus Christ’s) NAME ALONE and not into the name of a hu-man made fabrication called the trinity.
If we stop and think about this we know it makes sense, don’t we? Why would we need to be baptised into The Father’s name when Baptism into Yashua Messiah (the Lord Jesus Christ) gives us access to The Father anyway. When Yashua Messiah died on the cross the veil in The Temple was rent in two to tell us that we now have access to the Holy of Holies, to The Father Himself no less. Furthermore, we are Baptised into a death – who’s death – The Father’s death or the Holy Spirit’s death? Of course not for only Yashua Messiah died. The Father didn’t die, nor did The Holy Spirit, so how can we be Baptised into their names when they never died? No, this idea of being Baptised into a trinity is utter nonsense!
So when did this corruption (nonsensical rubbish) get into the Holy Word of God? Well obviously it’s difficult to ascertain accurately, but we do know some vital facts and with some of them from history and I will list them here:
1) We know that the Roman Diocletian destroyed nearly all early writings including many Greek manuscripts in an act of gross demonic heathen vandalism. In February 303 AD Diocletian’s first “Edict against the Christians” was published. This ordered the destruction of The Holy Scriptures and places of worship across the Roman Empire, whilst at the same time prohibiting Christians from assembly to worship.
2) We know that Hellenising philosophers and students of Philo (intellectuals) infiltrated The Assemblies of God during and towards the end of the first century, and thereby rendered the Word of God to none effect. (Please see my series of articles on Theology and Theologians and Bible Intellectualism and Bible Intellectuals for a full explanation)
3) The Hebrew version of Matthew’s Gospel does not include the trinity words as written in chapter 28 verse 19 of the KJV. It reads thus:
Matt 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
4) From the Tertullian and Jerome addition of 1 John 5:7-8 we know the trinity is a fabrication and the agenda of the creatures of the Cainite-Judeo-Christian Religion and not of Yashua Messiah (The Lord Jesus Christ) – The Truth.
5) The Encyclopaedia of Religion and Ethics says regarding Matthew 28:19: “That it is central to the traditional view” (i.e. the traditions of men) (Brackets mine). It also says: “if it were not challenged, its validity would be decisive, but its trustworthiness is rendered unreliable on the basis of textual criticism, literary criticism and historical criticism.” (Brackets mine)
6) Let’s be clear, the trinity of Matthew 28:19 is found in all the Greek texts, but It must be understood, too, that there are no surviving manuscripts that were written in the first, second, or third centuries. So we have a three hundred year written textual vacuum in between the original writing of Matthew and the manuscripts that contain the trinity or triune name in Matthew 28:19.
7) It is also crucial that we realise that no single manuscript is free from textual error. Some have errors special to themselves, and others have whole related groups of manuscripts that have the same errors. I have already revealed an example of this in my article “Do Born Again Sons of God Have to Obey and/or Learn Obedience?”
8) Eusebius of Caesarea; born circa 270 A.D; died circa 340 A.D. lived in times of gross spiritual darkness due to the fact he lived in the time of the vacuum I mentioned in point 6. This was the period when the philosophers and Hellenisers had, by then, usurped the Assemblies of God driving them underground. Never-the-less Eusebius in his writings quotes Matthew 28:19 as: “Go ye and make disciples of all the nations in my name, teaching them to observe all things, whatsoever I commanded you.” There are at least eighteen citations of Matthew 28:19 in his writings and written this way. We also need to know that Eusebius was a Trinitarian so how and/or why did he omit the trinity from Matthew 28:19 in his writings? It can only be because he still had in his possession some of the original manuscripts that had not been destroyed by Diocletian and did not contain Tertullian’s satanic contamination.
9) In the Britannica Encyclopaedia 11th edition, volume 3, page 365 it states that Baptism was changed from the name of Jesus to the words Father, Son and Holy Ghost in the 2nd century.
10) In the Canney Encyclopaedia Of Religion, page 53: The early church baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus until the 2nd century.
11) In the Hastings Encyclopaedia Of Religion, volume 2: Christian baptism was administered using the words, “in the name of Jesus.” Page 377; Baptism was always in the name of Jesus until the time of Justin Martyr, page 389.
12) Schaff Herzog Religious Encyclopaedia Volume 1, page 435. The New Testament knows only the baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus.
13) Catholic Encyclopaedia, Volume 2, page 263 Here the Roman Catholic authors acknowledged that the baptismal formula was changed by their organisation.
OK, that’s the solid evidence and when we add to it the Holy Scriptural evidence of the verses I quoted above, the trinity version of Matthew 28:19 begins to look very shaky indeed. The other point we must ask ourselves is this: If Matthew 28:19 in its KJV form is correct why did Peter and Paul ignore it when they Baptised in Yashua Messiah’s name alone? The answer is they didn’t because in the original writings it never existed. All Baptisms were carried out in the name of Yashua Messiah (The Lord Jesus Christ) and in His name alone.
Now did this mean my Baptism into the trinity was an invalid Baptism? Yes it did and I was stunned to find this out, so my wife and I Baptised each other into Yashua Messiah’s name alone.
In part two I will deal with cessationist’s views in relation to this a most important and serious of subjects.